Military Information

Home Page


Sales Tax and Registration Fee Calculators

Motor Vehicle Payments
Property Tax Payments

Vehicle Licensing Information:

Sales Tax
Vehicle Registration
Commercial Registration
Temporary Registrations
Multipurpose Vehicle Registration
Watercraft Registration
Mobile Machinery
Handicapped Plates
Personalized / Special Plates
Military Information
Distribution of Funds
Motor Vehicle FAQ

Property Tax Information:

General Information
Billing & Payment                      Mill Levies
Distribution of Funds
Property Tax Relief
Tax Sale
Mobile Homes
Property Tax FAQ

Other Information:

Items Addressed by Other Offices
Other Links


Park County Treasurer

For questions please contact

Military Information:

Veteran's Exemption
The County Assessor’s Office administers a program by which an honorably discharged veteran may receive 3,000 valuation points per year to apply towards property taxes or license plates. If using the exemption on licensing; the 3,000 valuation points translates into $90.00 per year off one of your vehicle registrations. There are certain requirements to qualify for this exemption.

 If you are interested in enrolling in the program, or if you have any questions regarding the Veteran's Exemption, please contact the Assessor's Office at (307) 527-8650 or Tax Relief.   

Disabled Veteran's Exemption

There is also an exemption for people who are deemed as 50% or more disabled through the Veteran's Administration. One set of license plates shall be issued to disabled veterans who provide an affidavit from the Veteran's Administration stating they receive 50 percent or more service-connected disability compensation from the VA. Disabled veterans are exempt from registration fees for 1 vehicle, other than a bus or motor home.

If you qualify for a Disabled Veteran plate you may also qualify to choose one of the following types of plates:
(Must provide proof of qualification for specialized plates)

General Provisions

  1. The vehicle must be titled in the name of the applicant, or may be joint ownership with a member of the immediate family.
  2. All applications for special license plates shall be made directly to the County Treasurer at least 60 days before registration of the vehicle expires.
  3. All special license plates are issued once in an eight-year period and must be renewed annually not later than the last day of the annual registration month.
  4. Upon transfer of ownership of the vehicle to which the plates were issued, the registration expires and the plates must be removed.
  5. After acquiring another vehicle, application may be made to transfer the license registration number to the newly acquired vehicle.

To apply for a Disabled Veteran plate, please submit the following paperwork to the County Treasurer:

To renew your Disabled Veteran plate, please bring or mail a copy of a current DV letter from the VA stating your disability rating. If we have proof on file that you are permanently disabled, we do not need a letter.

 If you have any questions regarding the Disabled Veteran's Exemption, please contact the Treasurer's Office at (307) 527-8630.

Plate Application for Disabled Veteran

Lifetime Disabled Veteran’s Park Permit

Any resident disabled veteran who receives fifty percent (50%) or more service connected disability compensation from the United States department of veteran’s affairs may apply to the department for a lifetime permit authorizing the use of state parks, recreation areas, archeological sites and historic sites without payment of any daily use, overnight or other fee. For more information, call 307-777-6323.