Vehicle Registration

Home Page


Sales Tax and Registration Fee Calculators

Motor Vehicle Payments
Property Tax Payments

Vehicle Licensing Information:

Sales Tax
Vehicle Registration
Commercial Registration
Temporary Registrations
Multipurpose Vehicle Registration
Watercraft Registration
Mobile Machinery
Handicapped Plates
Personalized / Special Plates
Military Information
Distribution of Funds
Motor Vehicle FAQ

Property Tax Information:

General Information
Billing & Payment                      Mill Levies
Distribution of Funds
Property Tax Relief
Tax Sale
Mobile Homes
Property Tax FAQ

Other Information:

Items Addressed by Other Offices
Other Links


Park County Treasurer

For questions please contact

Vehicle Registration:


State Fee Increase for Registrations
July 1, 2017

On July 1, 2017, the State Fee for each registration in the state will be increased depending on what is registered. We have provided a quick chart that shows the increased Fees below.


Old Fees

New Fees




Motorcycle & MPVs



Trucks & Trailers



1000 lbs. or less



1001-3500 lbs.



3501-4500 lbs.



4501-5500 lbs.



5501-6000 lbs.



6001 lbs. or more



Commercial will increase 10%


New Wyoming Registrations

For new vehicle registrations, you will need:

Before Registering Your Vehicle

When a vehicle is purchased from a private party, a buyer has 45 days to drive on a notarized bill of sale or a notarized title as long as the vehicle is only operated in the State of Wyoming.

When a vehicle is purchased from a dealership, a buyer has 60 days to operate the vehicle before licensing is required. If the dealer does not provide a temporary, the bill of sale must be kept in the vehicle.

Registering in Wyoming from Out-of-State

If your vehicle is currently registered in another state, bring to the County Treasurer’s Office:

If your vehicle registration is over 30 days expired:

The out of state title must be transferred into a Wyoming title in order to register in Wyoming. The title and VIN inspection will go to the County Clerk’s Office to switch it into a Wyoming title, and the proof of insurance and registration will go to the County Treasurer’s Office for licensing.

If your vehicle has a lien on it: Please contact the Park County Clerk’s Office at (307) 527-8600. The Clerk has a Request for Title form that you will need to fill out and send to your lien holder.

Renewing Your Vehicle Registration

For renewals of vehicle registrations, you will need:

What’s a Factory Cost?

The factory cost is the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price or Sticker Price) of the make, model, and trim level of a vehicle when new. The Clerk's Office determines the factory cost and places it on titles. It can be found on a Wyoming title, above the name on the left; or on a registration, in the middle on the left.


This estimator is provided for convenience and is not meant to take into account every scenario. This web page provides, based on the data provided, an estimate of your licensing fee only. Your actual sales tax may differ from these calculations depending upon your circumstances. You may also owe other fees such as penalty and interest. The Treasurer's Office is not responsible for any errors in the information or fees provided by this form. If you require a quote, please contact the Treasurer's Office at (307) 527-8630.

For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer's Office at (307) 527-8630 or email us.