Sales Tax

Home Page


Sales Tax and Registration Fee Calculators

Motor Vehicle Payments
Property Tax Payments

Vehicle Licensing Information:

Sales Tax
Vehicle Registration
Commercial Registration
Temporary Registrations
Multipurpose Vehicle Registration
Watercraft Registration
Mobile Machinery
Handicapped Plates
Personalized / Special Plates
Military Information
Distribution of Funds
Motor Vehicle FAQ

Property Tax Information:

General Information
Billing & Payment                      Mill Levies
Distribution of Funds
Property Tax Relief
Tax Sale
Mobile Homes
Property Tax FAQ

Other Information:

Items Addressed by Other Offices
Other Links


Park County Treasurer

For questions please contact

Sales Tax:

The County Treasurer collects a sales or use tax on all vehicle purchases. Sales tax applies where the purchase of the vehicle occurred in Wyoming. Use tax applies when the purchase occurred outside of Wyoming and is for the use, storage, or consumption of the vehicle within Wyoming.

ATVs & Motorcycles
If you purchased an ATV or motorcycle from a Wyoming dealer, they may have collected the sales tax at the time of purchase. If you did not pay sales tax at the time of purchase, you must pay sales tax to the County Treasurer's Office. If you also purchased a trailer from a Wyoming dealer and they did not collect sales tax for the trailer, you need to remit the payment to the County Treasurer's Office.

Due Dates & Penalties
Sales or use tax is due prior to the first registration of a vehicle, but must be paid within 65 days from the date of purchase to avoid penalties and interest, regardless of the date the temporary dealer permit expires. That date will be extended to the next business day if the Treasurer's Office is closed on the 65th day. If the tax is not paid on or before the 65th day, there will be a penalty of $25.00. If payment occurs on day 66 or thereafter, the penalty will be the greater of $25.00 or 10% of the tax due. Interest will also be charged at 1% per month or any fraction of a month beginning with day 66.

Payment Without a Title
Sales or use tax can be paid without registering the vehicle. This can be done without a Wyoming title but requires a dealer invoice, purchase order or notarized bill of sale specifying all of the following information:

If a newly acquired vehicle is a gift, proof that the giver paid sales or use tax is required. This can be in the form of a paid receipt or prior registration. Sales or use tax will be collected on the fair market value absent the required proof.

Sales & Use Tax Rate
The appropriate tax rate is determined by the tax rate in effect in the county of the purchaser's principle residence or domicile on the date of sale, not the tax rate in the county where the tax is remitted. The current rate for Park County is 5%. For sales and use tax rates for all Wyoming counties, visit the Wyoming Department of Revenue.

What’s a Taxable Sales Price?
The taxable sales price is the price of the vehicle less the gross trade-in allowance (if any) and includes: Transportation costs, documentation fees, any vehicle additions, any added dealer profit.
And does not include:
Extended warranties, rebates assigned to dealer, gap insurance.
*Cash down payments are NOT subtracted from the taxable sales price.


This estimator is provided for convenience and is not meant to take into account every scenario. This web page provides, based on the data provided, an estimate of your licensing fee only. Your actual sales tax may differ from these calculations depending upon your circumstances. You may also owe other fees such as penalty and interest. The Treasurer's Office is not responsible for any errors in the information or fees provided by this form. If you require a quote, please contact the Treasurer's Office at (307) 527-8630.

For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer's Office at (307) 527-8630 or email us.