Temporary Registration

Home Page


Sales Tax and Registration Fee Calculators

Motor Vehicle Payments
Property Tax Payments

Vehicle Licensing Information:

Sales Tax
Vehicle Registration
Commercial Registration
Temporary Registrations
Multipurpose Vehicle Registration
Watercraft Registration
Mobile Machinery
Handicapped Plates
Personalized / Special Plates
Military Information
Distribution of Funds
Motor Vehicle FAQ

Property Tax Information:

General Information
Billing & Payment                      Mill Levies
Distribution of Funds
Property Tax Relief
Tax Sale
Mobile Homes
Property Tax FAQ

Other Information:

Items Addressed by Other Offices
Other Links


Park County Treasurer

For questions please contact treas@parkcounty.us

Temporary Registration:

Temporary Registrations

The county treasurer is allowed to issue temporary registration on vehicles which are different than the temporaries that dealerships issue. To acquire a temporary registration you must first satisfy any sales tax due on the vehicle and the vehicle must be insured. You must also provide our office with evidence of a properly executed title or a notarized bill of sale displaying all of the following of information:

Permit Length & Restrictions

County treasurers are allowed to sell a 30-, 60-, or 90-day temporary registration on new purchases. These registrations expire 30, 60, or 90 days from the purchase date of the vehicle, not the date the temporary was purchased.

Only one temporary registration may be issued to any vehicle in a 12-month period. Therefore, if any temporary is issued from the Treasurer’s Office, once it expires it cannot be extended, and you must purchase a regular vehicle registration.

Residents with vehicles with current or expired Wyoming registrations cannot obtain a temporary registration for their vehicles.

Fees & Expiration

Temporaries cost a portion of the normal annual licensing fees as follows:

If regular Wyoming license plates are purchased after the purchase of a temporary registration, they will expire a year from the temporary expiration date. For example, if you purchase a vehicle on April 10, and get a 30-day temporary tag, the temporary tag would expire on May 10. When you then purchase regular license plates, the plates will expire in May instead of April.

In-Transit Permit

An in-transit permit may be purchased for $20, which entitles a person who obtains a vehicle from any person, other than a licensed Wyoming vehicle dealer, to operate the vehicle on the highways of Wyoming without registration, only for the purpose of removing the vehicle from the state within a period of forty-eight (48) hours from the date of the permit.  The applicant shall be required to provide any documentations necessary, including proof of insurance, to satisfy the county treasurer that the applicant has the lawful right to the vehicle.  The one-time permit shall expire forty-eight (48) hours after issuance, or upon leaving the state.  The "in transit" permit is designed to work for a person who may come in and acquire a vehicle that needs to transport to another state to register.

Worker Temporaries

A Worker Temporary Permit may be issued to a non-resident worker that presents:

The permits are issued in 30, 60, 90, or 120 day varieties; billed $50 for each 30 day increment:




30 Days


60 Days


90 Days


120 Days


If you require a registration longer than 120 days, you must purchase a regular Wyoming registration and display Wyoming plates on your vehicle.