Landfill Manager: Tim Waddell
Park County Office Building
1131 11th Street Cody, WY 82414
Cody: (307) 527-1818, Powell: (307) 754-1818
Toll Free: 1 (800) 786-2844 ext.1818
Office Hours: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Starting January 2017 Park County Landfills will be able to take credit card payments in the office for those with Monthly Charge Accounts Only. A non-refundable consumer fee is added for this service. Please call the office for more information. (307) 527-1818
We are NOT able to take credit card payments at the gates due to internet restrictions.
Landfills will be closed on the following holidays: 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve, New Years and Memorial Day.
The Clark and Powell Landfills are scheduled to revert to “Dry” or unlined Construction/Demolition (C&D) sites on September 18, 2012. Household wastes will no longer be accepted at either site after this date.
Use the Dry Landfill Rules link to the left to see the new rules for acceptable and non-acceptable items. For more technical questions, please visit the Wyoming DEQ rules and regulations website.
The Park County Regional Landfill in Cody and the Powell Landfill both utilize a certified set of scales to weigh each delivery and the charge is based on this weight. The landfill located in Clark will not have scales and is still basing the charge on volume.
- All vehicles are required to register with the Landfill Gate Attendant to receive delivery instructions for every load. All vehicles must stop when exiting.
- Please follow the gate attendant's instructions. You must obey all disposal area signs. Penalties exist for improper trash placement. If you have a question please obtain help from one of the site employees. Operations and disposal areas at the facilities change often. We are here to help.
- Obey speed limit signs especially while taking turns entering and exiting the scale.
- Yield to Landfill equipment. You can see them better than they can see you. Be cognizant of your surroundings.
- During inclement weather please call to make sure areas of disposal are open.
- Motor vehicles for scrap are accepted but all the liquids must be drained from the vehicle.
- All waste brought to the landfill must be secured, covered or in a closed container. Any load arriving at the landfill gate not properly secured will be subject to a $25 surcharge or refusal to accept material for disposal.
- All vehicles must be safely unloaded and returned to gate before 5:00pm.
THE LANDFILL was PERMANENTLY CLOSED TO ALL WASTE DELIVERIES ON JUNE 30, 2010
Waste are accepted at the Park County Regional Landfill